Recent twitter entries...

You are here- and this is my city

This is my city.

This is my home, where every street carries a memory and every corner holds a smile or every road contains a tear. This is where I began, and this is where i will learn to be.

This is my city, and my city grows as i have. My city loves its people - as i do. It wraps itself around me and gives me strength from its concrete arteries and patience from its mountainous heart. And when the clouds break over the grey and green monolith, my city cries as i do and the dark, warm tears or the cold, hard tears wash the hurt from our faces, we shine another day. My city holds the smile of the sun in the heart of its ocean, just as i hold my smile in the ocean of my heart.

My city is big - with enough room for me to spread my wings and take flight. To soar and to live. To fly and stare down at the silhouettes of the secrets it holds in its bosom.

And my city is small, with so little room that I meet people I know on every street or road, with no room for secrets and less still for lies.

But my city is dark...with a side I do not like to see or show. Like me it holds a danger in its soul that it cannot quell or control. And my city harms itself though it does not know why. It burns itself though it does not know how. The city cuts and bleeds in the news of the day while the people scream and run riot in its veins at night. People cry for freedom. People cry for a better version of here and now. People cry.

But in my city I see smiles. Smiles in the eyes of someone driving by. Smiles tracing across the hearts and lips of those with alive with hope. And it is this smile that lives in me, this smile that will keep my heart in the city, and keep the city in my heart.

This is my city.

Comments (0)